Wednesday 20 August 2014

Mistakes I don’t want to make again.



Acts 28: 26 – 27 (ESV)
26 “‘Go to this people, and say,
“You will indeed hear but never understand,
    and you will indeed see but never perceive.”
27 For this people's heart has grown dull,
    and with their ears they can barely hear,
    and their eyes they have closed;
lest they should see with their eyes
    and hear with their ears
and understand with their heart
    and turn, and I would heal them.’

As I sit here and think about hearing it reminds me of a couple of weeks ago when I was totally deaf in my left ear.  Being stubborn and not wanting to go to the doctor I thought ‘this too will pass’, and it did not.  Plucking up the courage I decided to see the doctor.  He told me it’s nothing serious; my ear was blocked and it can be remedied with “waxol”.

During that period I didn’t hear much and it was really peaceful, as I used to try and listen to what the kids were saying and keep up with their gossip.  This made me think a little and it came to mind that I have been really deaf to the Word of God.  I have been stubborn and didn’t really pay attention.  On reading this passage today it made me sit up and think about mistakes I really don’t want to do again.

One is to not judge people immediately and give them a chance to prove themselves.  Another is to show compassion and take in what is being said.  Something else that I truly want to avoid by all costs is to be jealous and throw tantrums.  My jealous nature is really one that can drive me insane and it gets my suspicious mind watching every move my darling husband makes, turning me into a spoilt teenager throwing tantrums. 

Humbly I pray the Lord to renew my mind and help me keep away from old habits and bad mistakes, helping me cope and change as I grow older.  



Lord as I know I have been deaf and blind simultaneously I humbly pray and ask You to please renew my mind and soul, create in me a clean heart and pure spirit.  Help me make good choices as I go through me day, in the Holy name of Jesus Christ.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...