Sunday 11 October 2015

Do Not Grieve the Holy Spirit of God

Ephesians 4: 30 - 32
"And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption, get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.  Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as Christ God forgave you."

In life we all experience different kinds of pains, while living and growing up in your parents house it is normal things that takes place.  Then you start your own adult life and people start to disappoint you.  You find that people tend to lie and gossip and they are saying hurtful things about you.

Before you know it you are tending a garden filled with bitterness, growing your rage and anger, and out of these couple of fruits brawling and slander obviously sneaks in.  Its not long before there are signs of all kinds of malice growing too.

The first signs of becoming bitter is when you cannot drop something, a friend, husband or relative has done.  You just cannot believe these things can happen, now it starts to take root and you keep feeding on it.  Going back to the day something happened, you keep nursing it and before long you have grown a tree of bitterness, the best part is the rest follows suit as it all started with that little seed.

It is my hearts desire to get rid of any bitterness I may have in my own life and I pray the Holy Spirit of God will come and show me what I should be confessing.  Do yourself a favor and do some in-depth soul searching and see what you need to confess to become Holy and pure before the Lord today.

Holy Spirit I pray that each person reading this devotional today will look into their own hearts and find the seeds and trees that are clouding their minds.  Praying and confessing it aloud and asking for forgiveness in the most wonderful name in this world, Jesus Christ.  Amen

You are a blessing to me, may the Lord Jesus Bless You today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...