Friday 14 December 2018

In Prayer, We draw Closer to God


1 Thessalonians 5: 17 – 18 NIV

“pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”

I have been ready a lot about the different ways to pray and how I can draw closer to God. My daughter sent me a book about prayer. P = praise God, R = repent, A = asking, Y = yes. I wonder how much time I truly spend in praising God? I doubt my praising is as much as my asking. I have come to realize that I will praise God and then start asking for specific things I need.

I want to change my way of praying because I want to draw near to God through prayer. When I wake up in the morning there first thing I do is say good morning to God. I have been granted a new day and His mercies are new every day.

It struck me that I have a negative sense about me and when I wake up I would be condemning myself even when I haven’t even gotten up out of bed. I thought about this and decided this is nonsense, I am the righteousness of God in Christ. I need to change my thinking and start believing God’s Word for my own life. I am praying Gods Word over my life.

In one of the novels I read, the people that came before the king were not allowed to be wallowing in self-pity and crying but had to be of good cheer. They needed to show they enjoyed life and was happy. I believe when we come into the presence of our King we should be doing the same things most of the time. God doesn’t appreciate people who complain and murmur all the time.  We should be grateful for our lives, we should be coming into God’s presence with praise and thanksgiving.

Prayer

Humbly Abba Father, I want to praise Your Holy Name. Lord, You are the Mighty God, You are my Counselor, You are my King of kings, Lord of Lords. You are my everything. I will praise Your Holy, Holy, Holy name. You, Lord, are worthy of praise and I adore and Love You. Amen
THE Word for Today:
Mark 1: 35, “Jesus Prays in a Solitary Place
Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.”
RELATED RESOURCES:
Join in today with a one-minute scripture, and a personal inspirational message, and prayer, with Yvette van Niekerk's book, Daily Devotional Ebenezer. Order your eBook copy here today.

CONNECT:
You can follow along with Yvette van Niekerk at her 
blog, Google G+
 and on Instagram.

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Other sites you may want to follow me: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...