Tuesday 5 February 2019

Jack-in-the-box


Proverbs 18: 4
“The words of a man’s mouth are deep waters; the fountain of wisdom is a bubbling brook.”
I actually don’t like a “Jack-in-the-box” the clown puts me off. I believe I have seen too many movies with evil clowns. The funny thing about a “Jack-in-the-box,” we can all relate to this fellow.  When you are pushed a little harder than usual “Jack-in-the-box” will jump out and startle everybody around you especially if this guy is an evil clown.

Get out of that box! When I’m stressed out and wound up I become a real “Jack-in-the-box” kind of person. My temper can be foul at times. I found this “other” person jumping out and scaring everybody around me. I believe these are the times I should actually practice constraint but before I know it, I have said what I was thinking out loud.

That’s why we should make a point of living a personal relationship with the Lord our God. This is why we need to spend time with God, learning to stay committed and interact with God through His Word.  The moment I feel I can short circuit the process that’s when I get into serious trouble.
I am sure God doesn’t condone my behaviour when I start scolding my family.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, a large part of my problem is not watching myself, not being in control over my emotions and definitely not feeling any compassion. O dear Lord, humbly I pray, help me to place a guard over my mouth and then to protect my heart because that is where the problems come from. I humbly admit and confess my attitude can be seriously bad. Please, Lord, I pray to forgive me. I realise my thoughts and thinking are focused on specific problems and that affects my mood and attitude. Please Lord, forgive me in the name of Jesus Christ.
The Word for Today:
Proverbs 4: 23, “Let the Holy Spirit fill my heart with God’s goodness.”
RELATED RESOURCES:
Join in today with a one-minute scripture, and a personal inspirational message, and prayer, with Yvette van Niekerk's book, Daily Devotional Ebenezer. Order your eBook copy here today.

CONNECT:
You can follow along with Yvette van Niekerk at her 
blog, and on Instagram.

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Other sites you may want to follow me: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...