Friday 1 February 2019

#PrayerFriday


2 Chronicles 7: 14 (TLB)
“Then if my people will humble themselves and pray, and search for me, and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear them from heaven and forgive their sins and heal their land.”

Solomon brought sacrifices to the LORD and after his prayer, something fantastic happened. Fire came down from heaven and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices, and the glory of the LORD filled the temple.  We really have no idea how awesome that must have been to see the glory of God fill the temple.

We see the priests could not enter the temple because the glory of the LORD filled the LORD’s house. The Israelites all fell down on the pavement and worshipped and gave thanks to the LORD, saying “For he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever.”

The temple is dedicated and then the LORD says “if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” As I focus on this verse I am humbly asking the Holy Spirit to search my heart and soul, pointing out the issues of bitterness and sin that I am harbouring in my heart. I want to repent of my sinfulness and turn myself back to the LORD. In humility, I am asking that the Holy Spirit will show me the problems I need to deal with so that I can renew my own life, and rebuild my relationships with family and friends.

As I embark on this prayer journey I want to ask you to join me and let's ask for a revival in our own lives to honour God and bring good news to the nations.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, in the name of Jesus Christ I humbly come before YOU, LORD. I want to pray and bring You praise. Lord, You are Holy and Worthy of Praise. Humbly, I confess that I have so many sins hidden in my heart. LORD, I am asking that the Holy Spirit will come and reveal it to me today and during the next couple of days. So that I may become healed in the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
The Word for Today:
Proverbs 13: 10, “Through pride and presumption comes nothing but strife, but [skilful and godly] wisdom is with those who welcome [well-advised] counsel.”
RELATED RESOURCES:
Join in today with a one-minute scripture, and a personal inspirational message, and prayer, with Yvette van Niekerk's book, Daily Devotional Ebenezer. Order your eBook copy here today.

CONNECT:
You can follow along with Yvette van Niekerk at her 
blog, Google G+
 and on Instagram.

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Other sites you may want to follow me: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...