Monday 25 February 2019

Spiritual Workout


1 Timothy 4: 7 – 8 AMP

“But have nothing to do with irreverent folklore and silly myths. On the other hand, discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness [keeping yourself spiritually fit]. For physical training is of some value, but godliness (spiritual training) is of value in everything and in every way, since it holds promise for the present life and for the life to come.”

In my younger days, I used to run up 28 flights of stairs, go to the gymnasium twice a week. Constantly exercising and try and eat healthily. I wanted to be in control over my body and it was important to me to stay fit. As I grow older it doesn’t seem so important to me. I will rather take a walk before I go and spend hours in the gym.

Something I have also realise is that I need to spend time in God’s Word, reading His Word on a daily base is important to me. It’s important to grow spiritually and I find that the more I read the more I feel I am learning. I am desperate to grow spiritually and it feels like I am missing the point. I want to live a godly life. God’s Word will guide me and His Word is the truth. I feel godliness is eternal and I try and show the kids where my true passion lies. I am constantly telling them about God’s faithfulness.

Prayer

Lord You, know I want to grow spiritually, please help me grow to maturity. I feel I like in Wisdom and Understanding. I want to ask You, please Lord help me. I want to live a godly life. Lord thank You for Your Word, bless each one of us in abundance today. Amen
The Word for Today:
Matthew 7: 7 AMP, “Prayer and the Golden Rule
Ask and keep on asking and it will be given to you; seek and keep on seeking and you will find; knock and keep on knocking and the door will be opened to you.”
RELATED RESOURCES:
Join in today with a one-minute scripture, and a personal inspirational message, and prayer, with Yvette van Niekerk's book, Daily Devotional Ebenezer. Order your eBook copy here today.

CONNECT:
You can follow along with Yvette van Niekerk at her 
blog, Google G+
 and on Instagram.

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Other sites you may want to follow me: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...