Monday 16 November 2020

Am I observing God from a distance?

 

by Yvette van Niekerk



Colossians 3: 1 - 4 "Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory."

Today, as I sit here and meditate on God's Word, I am thinking am I observing God from a distance? I know that when I believe in Jesus Christ, in faith I am ultimately holy before God. The Word of God urges all believers to live a godly, holy, set-apart life here and now.

I wonder what does a godly life look like? Look to the Lord Jesus Christ, He sets an example for each one of us. The Lord Jesus habitually spent time in prayer with the Father. Do you believe a habitual prayer life can produce a godly life?

I believe it can. I read that behavioural scientist study people who are married often without thinking, imitate each other. Do you think when we spend time in God's presence that we could also imitate Him? Thinking about it I have heart-to-heart conversations with my husband, I believe this builds trust, respect, and we have a connection I seriously doubt I have this with any acquaintance.

Prayer

Father God, today I pray that I do not want a superficial mimicking of being Your child today. I want to experience a mysterious movement within me that draws me; to subconsciously align my behaviour' to Yours, Lord. I want to pray to ask You, Lord, to influence my life to become more and more like the Lord Jesus. I want to be genuine in my conversations with You Lord I want to pray for the cultivation of;  strong, and sincere bond that will influence my thoughts, feelings, and my behaviour. As I connect with You today in prayer I am asking the Holy Spirit to transform my thinking and renew my soul. Lord help me set my mind on things above so that I can be renewed in the knowledge in the image of God my creator. Lord help me spend my time with You, in Your Word, and in prayer so that I may become more like You Lord Jesus. Amen

Please follow me: Kellan Publishing; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon; God’s Orchid  Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...