Thursday 5 November 2020

"The decision you make today affects your tomorrow."

 

by Yvette van Niekerk








Something I read, and want to share with you the decisions we make in our lives, how it affects our families.

Memory verse: Genesis 18 verse, 19 CEV "I have chosen him to teach his family to obey ME forever."

It's a story of these two families that have been told over a century ago, lessons that are more relevant now than ever before.

Family number one: Did you know that the father acclaimed New England reformer and pastor, Jonathan Edwards, was a clergyman? And his mother was the descendant of a minister? Edwards' family includes 14 college presidents, more than 100 university professors, 100-plus lawyers, 30 judges, 60 physicians, over 100 clergymen, missionaries and theology professors, and some 60 authors. Throughout history, there's scarcely been a great American industry that hasn't featured an Edwards family member among its chief promoters. Such was the product of one Christian family reared under the most favourable conditions.



Family number two: Members of the infamous Jukes family couldn't be made to study, wouldn't work, and are reputed to have cost the state of New York millions of dollars. Their entire record is one of pauperism, crime, and insanity. From among their descendants, 310 were professional paupers, 440 wee physically wrecked by their wickedness, 60 were habitual thieves, 133 were convicted criminals, and 55 were victims of impurity. Only 20 learned a trade (10 of those learned it in prison), and this notorious family produced 7 murderers. Yes, if Dennis becomes a menace, he can poison the stream. But if he's raised to be godly, he can bless an entire family, as well as influence the world for generations to come. So what's the bottom line? Simply this: as a parent, if you're wise, you'll seek God's guidance every single day of your life."

Prayer

Baruch Haba b'shem Adonia, dear Father God, humbly I come before You this morning. Humbly I bring my own family before Your throne this morning. I pray Lord for open doors for great opportunities for each of our children. Lord, I bring each child and my granddaughters before You. I am asking for supernatural favour in each person's life. Blessing in abundance and Your hand of protection over each one of us. Thank You, Lord, for calling me by my name. Thank You, that I can pray for my family and friends. I dedicate my mom and oom Frik into Your hands, I dedicate my sister and her family into Your hands and I dedicate my brother and his family into Your hands. Lord, I ask that a hedge be drawn around each person with the blood of Jesus Christ, bless my husband on the road and bring him safely home. Amen.

Please follow me: Kellan Publishing; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon; God’s Orchid  Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...