Friday 6 November 2020

Do you believe what you do makes a difference?

 

by Yvette van Niekerk



Colossians 3: 23 Living Bible "Work hard and cheerfully at all you do, just as though you were working for the Lord and not merely for your masters,"

Looking back over my life, I believe I could have worked harder and put in more effort. I probably just used about 25 per cent of my energy and my ability. Today, as I reflect on how I worked, I feel I should have done things for the Lord and not merely for my boss. Most of the time, I didn't really like my boss, and it showed in my performance.

Here I am, thinking can I still make a difference? Yes, I believe I can it is my prayer the Lord Jesus prayed: "I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you game me to do." John 17, verse 4. I am serious about serving God. I want Him to be pleased with my performance and my attitude and the way I carry myself. And Paul's statement is something I am thinking about day after day, "I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me." Acts 20, verse 24. 

Sadly it took me forever to come to this point in my life. Thank the Lord for His mercy is new every day. I can still make a difference.

Prayer

Father God, humbly I confess that I have been messing around my entire life. I have not been doing my best job now. Today, I want to pray and ask You, Lord, please forgive me. I believe that whatever I am doing right now is worth doing because You have given it to me. Lord, I am no longer vulnerable to the critics or dependent upon the cheerleaders. Help me work accordingly and do everything I can to the best of my abilities. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen

Please follow me: Kellan Publishing; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon; God’s Orchid  Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...