Wednesday 4 November 2020

I'm imperfect, and God loves me.

 

by Yvette van Niekerk



Romans 5: 8 But God demonstrates his love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

I know I'm imperfect, and God still loves me. I stand amazed at the knowledge that God loves me even when I mess up. Boy, can I do a great job of messing up at times.  Then I am reminded at the grace and wonder of my God. The Lord Jesus Christ died on a cross for my sins. God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son to die for me. John 3 verses, 16. God still loves sinners because we see it clearly in Romans 5 verses 8 "while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”

I believe I fail all the time. I defiantly do not have anything perfect in my life. I believe God's love for me is grate, then my mistakes. God loves me, and I'm imperfect.

Today let's meditate on how great God's love is for both you and me. Reading Psalm 107 verses 33 to 43. Psalm 107:33-43 English Standard Version

33 He turns rivers into a desert,
    springs of water into thirsty ground,
34 a fruitful land into a salty waste,
    because of the evil of its inhabitants.
35 He turns a desert into pools of water,
    a parched land into springs of water.
36 And there he lets the hungry dwell,
    and they establish a city to live in;
37 they sow fields and plant vineyards
    and get a fruitful yield.
38 By his blessing they multiply greatly,
    and he does not let their livestock diminish.

39 When they are diminished and brought low
    through oppression, evil, and sorrow,
40 he pours contempt on princes
    and makes them wander in trackless wastes;
41 but he raises up the needy out of affliction
    and makes their families like flocks.
42 The upright see it and are glad,
    and all wickedness shuts its mouth.

43 Whoever is wise, let him attend to these things;
    let them consider the steadfast love of the Lord.

By focusing on the passage, 43 we see the psalmist concludes "Consider the great love of the Lord." Thinking about, this I am grateful the Lord Loves me, imperfect and all.

The Lord Jesus said the Holy Spirit within me would be like ‘rivers of living water.’ John 7, verses 38.

Prayer

Baruch Haba B'shem Adonia, Father God, please reveal my purpose in life. Show me how I can be acceptable to You and how I can change my environment with the help of the Holy Spirit, who lives within me. Let Your rivers of living water flowing in my life and pour out to people around me in Jesus name, I pray. Amen

Please follow me: Kellan Publishing; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon; God’s Orchid  Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...