Thursday 5 November 2020

The words raining from our mouths!

 

by Yvette van Niekerk



NJKV Proverbs 18: 4 "The words of a man's mouth are deep waters; The wellspring of wisdom is a flowing brook."

We should apply the Miranda Rights to our everyday lives, do you know what it says? When the police arrests someone this is what they say: "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."

The bad thing about me my mouth runs 100 km an hour and my mind isn't thinking. The truth of the matter is if I don't have anything good to say then I should keep my mouth shut. That is good advice but I fail many times. If you listen closely to what I'm saying you probably know what is in my heart. My words give me away.

I have realised the wisest words are the ones I never say. Keeping my mouth shut can save me from so much trouble.

Prayer

Lord according to Proverbs The one who has knowledge uses words with restraint, and whoever has understanding is even-tempered. Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent. Please help me to restrain my words, place a guard over my mouth today, give me the wisdom to speak at the right time and to build up instead of bringing down. In Jesus Christ Name, Amen.

Please follow me: Kellan Publishing; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon; God’s Orchid  Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...