Thursday 17 February 2022

I choose to take my thoughts captive.

I choose to take my thoughts captive. Today I was busy working on a cake for my client, and I started thinking what a terrible person I have become. All the while I was singing a song to the Lord. "How great is my God." Boom I get bombarded with negative thoughts. Today I am reminded to take my thoughts captive. It said in Philippians 2 verse 5 "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus." Not realizing that the devil was trying to keep me from praising God, I stop and thought "wow what have I become?" Mark 7 verses 21 to 22 says: "For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness." I better take a hold of my thought life, I am not bad, in fact, I try and act decent most of the time. It struck me that God is not the author of confusion but of peace. If this is true why am I feeling so lousy about who I am? Then I realised I need to stop allowing negative thoughts to plague me and tell the devil to leave me alone. I have the mind of Christ. I won't listen to him anymore. I have decided not to live with mental oppression any longer. I am sick and tired of being pushed around. I will not harden my heart towards God, but I am embracing Him today. If I am pursuing clarity and knowledge I will study God's Word. Make God's Word my purpose going forward. Isaiah 26: 3 You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. Prayer Father God, I need wisdom and understanding it seems I have accepted lies instead of Your truths in my life. Please forgive me. Please, Lord, help me to discern when You are speaking to me. I do not want to be deceived by the enemy. Today reminded me that Your Word is "a discern of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Hebrewes 4 verse 12. Reveal any wrong thinking in me today through Your Word, Lord Jesus. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...