Wednesday 23 February 2022

It Stop's with me, NOW!

by Yvette van Niekerk
Feelings of embarrassment cover me as I need to deal with some personal issues I am facing at the moment. I have allowed resentment to turn into bitterness in my life. Red light! I need to deal with this bitterness before I grow old and become obsessed with unforgiveness. I am wrestling with the fact I have allowed myself to fall into this trap. I needed to identify my problem and I realised that I took offence to the next level - bitterness. I remember reading that the root of bitterness becomes a destructive force in a person’s life. This is a type of cancer "spiritually." I am afraid of this kind of cancer and I want to stop it by all means possible. This insidious root of bitterness is hiding in my life. Why? Wow because I didn't forgive and let it go. I held onto it and thought I'll get you back, and then? This little dragon started to grow and come to the surface bit by bit. My personality started to change and I became more angry and frustrated. I am not joking when I tell you it is a destructive force that needs to stop right now. Looking at my life, you can see me as one of those big ocean liners, it cannot turn on a dim, it needs space and time. So turning it around is a process. Apostle Paul; wrote we should watch out and not allow this evil spirit to become attached to our lives. Which will corrupt us. Hebrews 12: 15 "Look after each other so that none of you fails to receive the grace of God. Watch out that no poisonous root of bitterness grows up to trouble you, corrupting many.” At the moment I am doing whatever it takes to make the right choice. I have decided to deal with the root of bitterness and I want to change my life before I turn into an old hag. So let's see how I am going to deal with the poisonous root of bitterness that has flared up in my life. Confess my sin of unforgiveness to the LORD, Isaiah 1: 18 "Come now, let us reason together, saith the LORD; thought your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." Forgive the person or persons and stop the resentment. I know and trust the LORD and believe that when I confess my sin that I will be forgiven. Prayer Father God, I confess that I have feelings of bitterness in my heart today. I also confess that I am angry and hurt. I have allowed this sin of unforgiveness to stay alive in me. I am asking You, Father God, forgive me. I forgive the people that have offended me and hurt me. You know them and I set them free in the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen

1 comment:

  1. Tithony | Tithony - Tithony - Titanium Art | TITAN
    Tithony titanium shift knob | Tithony titanium steel is a Tithony sculpture. Tithony is one titanium watch band of the most well-known artists in the world. Tithony is a 메이피로출장마사지 bronze used ford edge titanium sculpture that depicts

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...