Sunday 18 December 2022

Holy Spirit

Good morning, today I want to talk about ‘how can I activate the powerhouse of God, within me?’ So what do I mean? Well, how can I cooperate with the Holy Spirit and become a Samson or even an Elijah? I know wishful thinking. The truth is I have been focusing on my problem and not on God's Word.
Samson Samson today would be the guy going to the gym, eating healthily every day and part of his day meditating on God's Word. Judges 15: 14 – 16 “When he came to Lehi, the Philistines came to meet him shouting. The Spirit of the LORD came powerfully on him, and the ropes that were on his arms and wrists became like burnt flax and fell off. He found a fresh jawbone of a donkey, reached out his hand took it and killed a thousand men with it. Then Samson said: with the jawbone of a donkey I have piled them in heaps. With the jawbone of a donkey I have killed a thousand men.” Samson was an ordinary guy the extraordinary was the powerhouse of God within him. The Holy Spirit came powerfully on him. Without the Holy Spirit, Samson cannot do the things he did. Elijah Elijah was an ordinary guy too. He was afraid of the threats of a woman and he run away to hide from her. Hiding in the wilderness Elijah asked God to kill him so he didn’t have to face her. But Elijah became powerful once the Holy Spirit came upon him. I love the piece where Elijah calls fire from heaven killing 450 Baal prophets and outran the king’s chariot. And he did it all in one day see: 1 Kings 18 and 19. I want the Holy Spirit to also move in me. I do believe that the Holy Spirit is a gentleman and he doesn’t act on impulse. He assesses the situation with wisdom and understanding to the extent I do not even think I can imagine. My questions: Why have you not worked in my life Holy Spirit? What do I need to do to have You act with me? I know You are living here right inside of me. What must I do to activate You? I am learning to speak God’s Word each day. Do I need to repent of my sins? Would You please show me so that I can repent and be acceptable to you? Prayer LORD thank you for your Word. Today I am opening a door so that the Holy Spirit may come in and help me. I am learning the Word and I want to develop an awareness of the Holy Spirit within me. Today I speak the Word and ask that the Holy Spirit be my powerhouse and activate the Word on my behalf. ‘I serve the LORD, my GOD, and he blesses my bread and my water and he takes sickness away from my midst. (Exodus 23: 25) LORD, I have received the Holy Spirit; so I have received power!’ Acts 1: 8. In the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...