Tuesday 13 December 2022

Meditate … “Yvette, you will meditate on it [the Word] day and night.”

by Yvette van Niekerk
Good morning, Today I want to speak to you about meditation. It’s something that has been weighing heavy on my heart these past few months. What is meditation? Meditation is when you read something – the Word of God. Then you start to take it into your heart in a very personal way. Now after taking it into your heart, apply it to your daily life. Apply God’s Word in my life, I am reading the Word and when it comes to the scripture about blessing and prosperity. I say “Amen, Hallelujah! I take that Word from God. He says that He will meet all my needs, according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Read Philippians 4 verse 19. I am expecting Him to do that in my life. For a long time, I have been reading God’s Word, the Bible like any other book. But the last couple of days I have thought about it and decided to see what I can learn. I also am thinking it's Words from God, speaking to me each day. What is God saying to me? I am starting to realise that God is speaking to me. When someone speaks to me I look at them, listen to what they are saying and respond to whatever is being said. Going forward I am reading the Word of God, [The Bible] to hear what the Lord is saying to me. I am trying to digest the Word and apply it in my own life. When it comes to God’s Word I want to take it so that it moves from my head to my heart. I want to become a new creation, revived in the Word, I want God’s Word to wash my soul clean. In Joshua 1 verse 8 I see “I meditate on God’s Word day and night. I observe to do it and I have success!” Prayer from Psalm 119: 73 – 80 Yodh Good morning Father God, according to Psalms 119 verses 73 to 80 I want to pray the Word and ask that Your Holy Spirit will work in my life today. “Lord Your hands made me and formed me; please give me the understanding to learn your commands. Lord May those who fear you rejoice when they see me, for I [Yvette] have put my hope in your word. I know, O LORD, that your laws are righteous, and in faithfulness, you have afflicted me. May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant. Please Lord, let your compassion come to me [Yvette] that I may live, for your law is my delight. May the arrogant be put to shame for wronging me without cause, but I [Yvette] will meditate on your precepts. May those who fear you turn to me, those who understand your statutes. May my [Yvette] heart be blameless towards your decrees, that I may not be put to shame.” Thank You, Father God, I pray this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ my saviour. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...