Friday 18 May 2018

#Holy_lives


Deuteronomy 6:5-9 (AMP)
You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and mind and with all your soul and with all your strength [your entire being]. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be [written] on your heart and mind. You shall teach them diligently to your children [impressing God’s precepts on their minds and penetrating their hearts with His truths] and shall speak of them when you sit in your house and when you walk on the road and when you lie down and when you get up. And you shall bind them as a sign on your hand (forearm), and they shall be used as bands (frontals, frontlets) on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

I believe God has called us to be holy. I go to church on Sunday and attend a mentorship on Wednesday. Is this enough? No, we need to do something more. I think I need to search God's Word daily. How would you go about becoming Holy? What is required and how will you attain it?

I believe your faith is the foundation of drawing near to God. We cannot draw near to God if we do not have faith in Him. The next step would be to love God and to focus on His Word.

I think you need to determine and decide what time and where you want to spend your time with God. Devoting your attention mainly on God's Word and drawing near to Him. I believe when we study God's Word we are learning more about Him. Dealing with issues in our lives and praying about what we are experiencing will create an atmosphere of understanding and love.

Another part of drawing near to God would be through prayer.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Lord, and today I draw near to You in humble prayer. Lord, I want to live a holy life. I love my family and friends. My life is worthless if I cannot speak to You. Show me the pathway forward, teach me and guide me, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...