Wednesday 16 May 2018

Love Her


Ephesians 5:25 (AMP)
25 Husbands, love your wives [seek the highest good for her and surround her with a caring, unselfish love], just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her,

"Walk in Love" is the heading for Ephesians chapter five. We are reminded to walk in love and to be imitators of God. I see the Lord Jesus Christ loved us and gave himself up as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

We are reminded to be cautious of sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness among ourselves. I have heard couples talking to each other and my word, do they have filthy words pouring out of their mouths.

We need to bear the fruit of the Spirit in doing good and right and looking for the truth. Do not indulge in drinking wine and participating in debaucher but be filled with the Spirit of the Lord.

Submitting to your husband seems unheard of especially in our day and age. Are you a godly woman, do you serve God? Then I think it would be natural to submit to your husband. Your husband is the head of your household.

Husbands love your wives as Christ loved the church. When you love your wife, she will open up like a flower. I find that my husband takes time to listen to me when I am talking to him. He would mute the TV to hear what is on my mind. He knows what I like and what I dislike. He respects my space and allows me to grow personally.

I see that a husband is reminded to love his wife three times in this passage. When your husband loves you it is so easy to be submissive and do what is right for your home.

Prayer

O Father, Lord as we think about our lives we want to submit to our own husbands, doing what is good and right and looking for the truth all the time. Lord, I want to dedicate our lives to Your hands. Protect women and help us to do the right things always in serving You first and obeying Your words always. In the Holy Name of the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...