Friday 18 May 2018

Leading by example – modelling holiness




Joshua 24: 15 NIV

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.

My granddaughters are too cute. I watch how they act around their mom. I know she loves them with all her heart. I know they drive her crazy and she still loves them. She leads them by her example. 

She listens to them when they tell her about their day. I know she takes them to church on Sundays and on Wednesday they have a mentorship at her home. My granddaughters are learning to live Holy lives. My son also teaches his daughter and they also have interesting encounters. I know he also takes her to church on Sundays and takes her on Wednesdays to mentorship. My kids are modelling holiness into their daughter’s lives. They are leading their children by their example. I know it isn’t easy but I see them doing this every day.

Our children are influenced by what they see we do. The Bible teaches us that we should set an example and teach our children. Children are inquisitive and will have questions. We need to Answer their questions to the best of your ability using scripture. Cell phones and computers are at our children's disposal. Safety first, we need to teach our children to never divulge personal information over the internet. Remind your children that we can use our technology to enhance our Bible study. 

There are so many apps available which are useful and insightful.

Keep in mind once you teach your children about God there will be peace, joy and fulfilment in your homes. My motto for my house is "I and my house will serve the Lord my God."

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help us to teach our children to live holy lives as we learn in 1 Peter 1 verses 16 "for it is written: "Be holy because I am holy." Our children are exposed to some many things please guard them. Lord send Your angels to protect each one of our children as well as our grandchildren. Lord, I plead the blood of Jesus Christ of Nazareth on each of my family members. Amen

 Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!


Daily Devotional Ebenezer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...