Wednesday 16 May 2018

Who is Jesus?


Matthew 16:13-20 (AMP)
Peter’s Confession of Christ
13 Now when Jesus went into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” 14 And they answered, “Some say John the Baptist; others, Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah, or [just] one of the prophets.” 15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed), the Son of the living God.” 17 Then Jesus answered him, “Blessed [happy, spiritually secure, favoured by God] are you, Simon son of Jonah, because flesh and blood (mortal man) did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 And I say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock, I will build My church; and the gates of Hades (death) will not overpower it [by preventing the resurrection of the Christ]. 19 I will give you the keys (authority) of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind [forbid, declare to be improper and unlawful] on earth will have [already] been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose [permit, declare lawful] on earth will have [already] been loosed in heaven.” 20 Then He gave the disciples strict orders to tell no one that He was the Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed).
Who is Jesus? In my own words, Jesus Christ of Nazareth is my Lord and my Saviour. I cannot live my life without consulting the Lord every day. I know people refer to the Lord Jesus as a good moral teacher but in my mind, He is my God.

Looking at Matthew 16 verse 13 Jesus is talking to His disciples and He asked them "Who do people say the Son of Man is?" Peter answered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God." Jesus confirms that Peter received a revelation from His Father in Heaven, agreeing that Jesus is God.

In the Book of John, we see that the Jewish leaders try to discredit the Lord, but Jesus tells them "I and the Father are one" John 10 verse 30. Those Jewish leaders wanted to stone Jesus because they thought He was stating He was equal to God. They felt it was blasphemy.

The Lord Jesus Christ has the authority over death as He rose from the dead and is now seated at the right hand of God. I believe Jesus Christ can command His angels in heave to come and assist us here on earth. He commands them and they obey Him. I am able to reach the Lord Jesus Christ through prayer, this is the most precious and effective tool at my disposal. I believe the blood of Jesus Christ covers me and allows me access to God the Father. Jesus Christ redeemed me and has called me by my name. He knows where I stay and He knows me by my name. He can do the same for you, He is able to help you in any situation. He heals me and is the lover of my soul.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I want to dedicate this message to Your hands today. I have given a brief description of who I believe Jesus Christ is, I know that He is God and that I can call on Him and He is there for me. I want to pray that Father God You will let the Holy Spirit touch the lives of each and every person reading my blog today. Lord, I want to pray that You Holy Spirit will open the eyes of the people and reveal the Lord Jesus Christ to them. Drawing them closer to You and saving their lives. In the Holy name of the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!
Follow me:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...