Thursday 17 May 2018

Protecting my family


1 Peter  5: 7 (NIV)
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

One thing I have been focusing on is protecting my family from the use of drugs. Drugs have been a devastating evil in my life. The fear that accompanies drugs can make anyone paranoid.

I recall the screaming, fighting and crying. Begging and constant fear for the next day. The violence that accompanies drugs can destroy anybody's faith in humankind.

The steps I have taken to protect my family is to make sure they understand what drugs can do to your body, mind and your environment. Today we strive to live in a comfortable environment where we feel safe and secure. No one is out to get you. No hidden agenda's. Life is simple and peaceful.

I strive to contribute a peaceful and stable environment.

I am learning to settle in and trust people. I would not say it is easy but because there is love in our home we carry on.

I have been trusting God's promises and allowing God to work in His time. I used to live a disconnected life. Eradicating my joy and estranging me from my family and friends.

Prayer

Please, Lord, forgive me I sinned against my children and You. I am asking You to help my children heal from our ordeal. We faced too many challenges which snuffed out our compassion and understanding. We had to deal with rejection and constant pain. Please heal my children and set them free from these memories. I pray in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!
Follow me:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...