Monday 24 October 2016

[Supernatural] Kids want super powers



I have been chatting to the kids and it is really clear they all want super powers like Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Super girl and Spider-Man to name just a view.  When you ask them what they know about the Holy Spirit, they will say that He comes to live in your heart.  

Because we know the Holy Spirit is a Christians ‘super power’ we seem to want to hide it.  With the Holy Spirit living within me, the Lord Jesus has empowered me to face each day.  I am strong because I know the Holy Spirit is within me.  I am able to face each day knowing that I will be more than a conquer because of the Holy Spirit.

When I stand before God in prayer, I don’t always have the right words and then the Holy Spirit speaks on my behalf to God, Deep calling onto deep.

I am reminded by John 15 verse 26 “But I will send you the Comforter – the Holy Spirit, the source of all truth.  He will come to you from the Father and will tell you all about me.”  The Lord Jesus sent us a lethal weapon to help us face each day.

Prayer

We pray for guidance Lord, please let Your Holy Spirit show us the way forward, giving us the courage to face each day.  Helping us stand fast on Your word, helping us to draw closer to You giving us our ‘super power’ to become more and more like You Lord Jesus.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...