Wednesday 23 January 2019

You’ll give an account of every careless word spoken.


Matthew 12: 35 ESV
“I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak.”

Have you tried to change your thinking lately? I think it’s very difficult to do this out of my own strength. I actually believe that I need the Holy Spirit so that I can change my thinking and the way I speak. I have been living in Mpumalanga for just over eight years and I believe my way of thinking and speaking has changed somewhat. Something we do not do in our home is curse or swearing. Without the Holy Spirit, it won’t be possible.

When the Holy Spirit prompts you or me to do something, we should obey and do whatever he shows us.   The Lord Jesus says that every sin will be forgiven but if we blaspheme against the Holy Spirit it will not be forgiven us. Rejecting the prompts from the Holy Spirit and constantly turning away for His guidance could be something seen as blaspheme of the Holy Spirit. I wouldn’t want to try the Lord in any way and especially when He sends His Holy Spirit to guide me. That would be too much to bear from my side.

Prayer

Father God, help me today to keep my ears and eyes open to the prompting of the Holy Spirit in my own life. Please forgive me if I have sinned against You or anybody in particular. Place a guard over my mouth and mind, and I clothe myself in the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen
The Word for Today:
Matthew 12: 31, “Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.”
RELATED RESOURCES:
Join in today with a one-minute scripture, and a personal inspirational message, and prayer, with Yvette van Niekerk's book, Daily Devotional Ebenezer. Order your eBook copy here today.
 CONNECT:
You can follow along with Yvette van Niekerk at her blog, Google G+
 and on Instagram.

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Other sites you may want to follow me: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...