Tuesday 15 January 2019

When you face impossible odds

Add caption

Genesis 18: 14 ESV

“Is anything too hard for the LORD? At the appointed time I will return to you, about this time next year, and Sarah shall have a son.”

I feel like I am facing impossible odds right now. I am a contract worker and I would like to work but the odds are stacked against me. Today, I heard that there might be a possibility to extend my contract. It has been my prayer for as long as I have been freelancing here that the Lord is in control and I will work here as long as He has decided.

I feel that because I believe in the Lord, Jesus Christ, I can ask Him to stand in the gap for me. I believe that I am going to continue with my contract and when the time is right I will be where the Lord, Jesus Christ wants me.

Are you facing impossible odds right now? Do you feel your finances are not making it? Are you worried about your health?  What about your relationships? Do you feel things aren't going to work out?

This challenge of not working I am facing right now, I am giving this challenge into the hands of the LORD, Jesus Christ. I believe nothing is too hard for the Lord, Jesus Christ.

When reading Genesis 17 it is clear that Abraham and Sarah are aged and it seemed they are facing impossible odds. When Abraham is 100 years old and Sarah was 99 years old, it sounds impossible for them to conceive a child. Continuing with Genesis 18 we read the LORD telling Abraham nothing is too difficult for the LORD. When the LORD returned the next year Sarah would have birthed a son (Isaac).

Prayer

Heavenly Father, LORD, God I want to bring You praises, saying thank You, I adore You. LORD, You are worthy and I want to praise Your, HOLY Name. LORD, I repent of my sins and I ask You please LORD forgive me. I pray that YOU, who holds the world in YOUR hands will help me and everyone else going forward. Lord, I dedicate this work into YOUR Hands and I pray that You will let me go when YOU think the time is right. I accept that You are able to influence my finance and that I will see a revival in my financial situation. I am praying for an appointing of Your hands over my wealth, please bless my hands that whatever I touch will be blessed and prosperous. Please action this even when I am not around. Thank You, Lord, for answered prayers. I want to bring You glory, honour and praise. In the Holy Name of Jesus Christ Amen
The Word for Today:
Psalm 16: 5, “The LORD is the portion of my inheritance, my cup [He is all I need]; You support my lot.”
RELATED RESOURCES:
Join in today with a one-minute scripture, and a personal inspirational message, and prayer, with Yvette van Niekerk's book, Daily Devotional Ebenezer. Order your eBook copy here today.

CONNECT:
You can follow along with Yvette van Niekerk at her 
blog, Google G+
 and on Instagram.

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Other sites you may want to follow me: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...