Skip to main content

Lord where are you?



The frost covered lawn
   the trees - bare no leaves
     the water frozen in the pond

Walking across the lawn
  with the frost at my feet
     with the cracking of ice

Cold feelings rush up my legs
  chills come down my back
    crying out for some warmth 

Lord Jesus hear my cry
 lend a hand to my plight
  lost and alone I stand

The trees bear no leaves
  the bark is dark
   the doves watches from on high

A slight breeze between the branches
  a shivering chill down my back
    a small voice behind me, “Here I am”

The Lord spoke to me - softly
  the world seems brighter
   the sun peeps through the clouds
 
poem by 

Yvette van Niekerk

Popular posts from this blog

Develop yourself!

Joel Osteen is an excellent Pastor.
Thank you, Joel.

#Jesus #Christ

Acts 2:38-40 (ICB) 38 Peter said to them, “Change your hearts and lives and be baptized, each one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 This promise is for you. It is also for your children and for all who are far away. It is for everyone the Lord our God calls to himself.” 40 Peter warned them with many other words. He begged them, “Save yourselves from the evil of today’s people!”
I say we are too caught up in our own little worlds, we believe that we are capable of so much and that when times are difficult then we call on the Lord Jesus.  When nothing happens and we do not receive answered prayers we lose hope and start looking for new ways to get out of the mess we find ourselves in.
In the International Children’s Bible we read that “change your hearts and lives and be baptized,”  the words that stood out for me is “change your hearts and lives.”  I have been thinking about these words.  Something m…

Duane's World

Duane interviewing Storm
live from Jo'burg