Tuesday 19 June 2012

Lord where are you?



The frost covered lawn
   the trees - bare no leaves
     the water frozen in the pond

Walking across the lawn
  with the frost at my feet
     with the cracking of ice

Cold feelings rush up my legs
  chills come down my back
    crying out for some warmth 

Lord Jesus hear my cry
 lend a hand to my plight
  lost and alone I stand

The trees bear no leaves
  the bark is dark
   the doves watches from on high

A slight breeze between the branches
  a shivering chill down my back
    a small voice behind me, “Here I am”

The Lord spoke to me - softly
  the world seems brighter
   the sun peeps through the clouds
 
poem by 

Yvette van Niekerk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...