Tuesday 4 July 2017

Are you #suffering?


1 Peter 4: 19 DARBY “Wherefore also let them who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls in well-doing to a faithful Creator.”

Before I gave my life to the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I heard people tell me stories of wealth and an easy life.  Then the reality of the situation came, suffering is a process that each and every Christian needs to go through.  It’s like the purifying of gold, in order to get to the gold it goes through fire.

In the many years that I have been following and serving the Lord Jesus Christ, it has been some ride.  The times when I felt I just couldn’t make it, those were the times that the Lord carried me through.  Do not be mislead! We actually all have some kind of suffering, even the non-Christians and atheist endure suffering in their lives.

One thing I truly am grateful about is that I don’t have to suffer the same way the Lord Jesus Christ suffered when He died on the cross for our sins.  I doubt I would have been able to endure so much. 

Looking at our passage we see that Peter reminds us that “who suffer according to God’s will are to commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.”  Doing good is expected of each one of us.  Let’s take up our cross and bear the suffering and keep up the good work.


Prayer


Abba Father, please help us stay strong during the times we suffer according to Your will, guide us and teach us.  Please help us to do good as You will it for our lives.  In the Holy Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...