Tuesday 28 March 2017

Integrity


Proverbs 2: 7 – 10 ESV

“he stores up sound wisdom for the upright; he is a shield to those who walk in integrity, guarding the paths of justice and watching over the way of his saints.  Then you will understand righteousness and justice and equity, every good path; for wisdom will come into your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul;”

Something I strive for in my life is being able to do the right thing all the time, for instance, I was baking a cake for someone and the cake just didn’t seem good enough.  The kids thought it was fine and leave it be.  I did not feel happy and decided to re-bake the cake.  No one would be the wiser but I knew the cake wasn’t up to scratch and I wanted it to be just right.

The point is we need to watch our ways; integrity is something we do every day.  If you are being watched you do your best and when no one is around you sit doing nothing?  No, I don’t do that, it frustrates me when people think I don’t see what they are doing. 

I pray each and every day that the Lord God will give me the wisdom and understanding as a shield in my life so that I will use what I have and do my work to the best of my ability.

Proverbs is a good way to give us the necessary guide lines, we just need to tap into it and learn from it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...