Friday 22 May 2020

Are waiting for something expectantly?

by Yvette van Niekerk


Sometimes we pray and would like to get the breakthrough immediately, and it's something you desperately want. How can it take so long for the Lord to respond? If only the Lord can give this to me now, I would be a champion.

Then there's that problem that seems to linger it won't go away. I've been driving myself insane but no way, it stays there. Finally, I don't have a choice I have to live with it, and it's not going away. I have to accept it as part of my life and carry on.

I realise God hears all my prayers, and some answered prayers take time because I may have to learn from the circumstance. I know God is working things out for me; it's like I am too impatient to wait.

My daughter always tells me "and suddenly" things will change, you won't even expect it.

So are you waiting for a prayer expectantly? A yes, but you need to be patient. I sometimes give up, it seems too hard, and there is no direction or answer. Then other times, I get the courage to wait and see what happens. I am expecting something useful from this waiting. I have hope in my heart, and I look forward to the supernatural answer. Focus on today's scripture in Matthew 7, verse 7 to 11, MSG "Don't bargain with God. Be direct. Ask for what you need. This isn't a cat-and-mouse, hide-and-seek game we're in. If your child asks for bread, do you trick him with sawdust? If he asks for fish, do you scare him with a live snake on his plate? As bad as you are, you wouldn't think of such a thing. You're at least decent to your own children. So don't you think God who conceived you in love will be even better?"

Prayer

Father God, I am waiting expectantly for You to help me going forward. My hope is in You Lord, You are my Counsellor, You are my Lord of lords, You are my Salvation, and I believe in Jesus Christ, thank You, Lord, Amen.

Yvette van Niekerk

Follow me: Kellan Publishing; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon
God’s Orchid  Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer or Daily Devotional Ebenezer

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...