Friday 15 May 2020

Are we facing a famine?

By Yvette van Niekerk


 

Amos 8: 11 AMP "Behold, the days are coming," says the LORD God, "When I will send hunger over the land, Not hunger for bread or a thirst for water, but rather [a hunger] for hearing the words of the Lord."

 

I wonder if we aren't facing a spiritual hunger, you know people do listen to the preachers on Facebook but are they listening to them? If you look at the scripture, it says that people are going to have a famine of "hearing the Words of the Lord," do you think this could refer to a spiritual famine? If we aren't hearing the Word of God, then our faith is going to die. Am I right?

 

I honestly have been going through some stuff, and I have been reading and doing my Bible study as regularly as possible, but there is a small problem, I seem to side-tracked all the time.

 

Do you think Satan is busy sabotaging my time with the Lord? I fear I am not drawing closer to God because of my lack of attention, and my life isn't bearing fruit. Satan is stealing the Word of God right from under my nose. 

 

I see in 1 Samuel 3 verses 1 (AMP) "Now the boy Samuel was attending to the service of the Lord under the supervision of Eli. The word of the Lord was rare and precious in those days; visions [that is, new revelations of divine truth] were not widespread."

 

I don't know, but it seemed that the Lord wasn't speaking to His people in those days. But if that were the case, why did He talk to a child? I think the people didn't hear the Word of God. The scary part is people are in Lock-down and cannot attend church, yes we have pastors preaching on Facebook and another platform but are the people listening to the Word of God? I believe we are under a spiritual attack, and people don't even perceive it.

 

Prayer

 

Lord, thank You, for the pastors who are recording their sermons on Facebook, who take the time to put it out there. Lord, bless their sermons so we may grow spiritually. Lord, send Your Holy Spirit to touch each life who reads or searches for Your Words. Bless my words, Lord, help me live according to Your Will. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

 

Yvette van Niekerk

Follow me: Kellan Publishing; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon
God’s Orchid  Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...