Thursday 28 May 2020

Fasting do you see any blessings?

by Yvette van Niekerk


Matthew 5 verse 4 "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."

Something that comes to mind every time I fast, that it's challenging in the beginning. As time goes by, it becomes easier. I was thinking of what hunger causes me to miss? I feel that when I am hungry, I get a little irritated, but it goes away after a while, especially when I get busy and meditate on God’s word. And I believe when food is a source of comfort, it really can be a challenge to get through the day. I have realized that I love my food these days. I miss eating pizza's, and I miss eating eggs and bacon, that is something I love. I also miss my sweeties but not that much I wouldn't say I am craving anything specifically right now.

So is there any blessings that I feel grateful for today? In fasting, I am focusing on other things, not to think about the food that I might eat. I make supper for my family, and they can eat whatever it doesn't worry me.

I do find I have other challenges that I am dealing with. I am a little tender and get emotional, but it seems to pass as well.

Things I am grateful is my husband and all my children and grandchildren: my mom and oom Frik and my brother and his family and my sister and her family.

Prayer

Lord God, the Father, thank You for the Lord Jesus Christ who died on the cross for my sins. I am grateful to spend this time in Your presence. Thank You, Lord, for sending me a comforter, the Holy Spirit, I feel refreshed and look forward to an awesome day. I love You, Lord, I am drawing closer to You and asking that You will reveal Your will for my life. In the name of Jesus Christ. amen

Follow me: Kellan Publishing; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon; God’s Orchid 

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer or Daily Devotional Ebenezer

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...