Tuesday 19 May 2020

Are you looking for the right stuff?

by Yvette van Niekerk

In Romans 14 verse 17 to 19 Good News Translation it says "For God's Kingdom is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of the righteousness, peace, and joy which the Holy Spirit gives. And when you serve Christ in this way, you please God and are approved by others. So then, we must always aim at those things that bring peace and that help strengthen one another." It's clear we are going to see the joy in the Holy Spirit, and our lives will be useful, and we will have peace in God's Kingdom. 

So isn't it profitable for us to seek God's Kingdom? What are you seeking in your life right now? If you aren't pursuing God's Kingdom, you will suffer a loss when it comes to His righteousness, peace and joy.

 I used to worry about all kinds of stuff, and I never had peace because I was continually looking for something more. The only thing I found was loneliness. If you become one with God, the real peace will follow you. 

I am still learning and focusing my time with God when I slip up on spending time in His presence, and I find that I am confused and restless and aimless. I feel alone and abandoned. So here's something to think about, what are you chasing? Where is your heart focused? 

I have realized that the things of this world are temporarily and it doesn't satisfy me or my needs. I have come to believe that only God and His peace, joy and righteousness fulfils my expectations, and I feel at rest in Him.  

Prayer 

Lord Jesus, please let the Holy Spirit fill my heart, soul and spirit today. I am seeking Your Kingdom and am searching for Your righteousness in my own life. Bless each person who reads this message. Holy Spirit comes into our lives. In the beautiful and holy name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

 Yvette van Niekerk
Follow me: Kellan Publishing; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon

God’s Orchid  Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer or Daily Devotional Ebenezer

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...