Friday 15 May 2020

Married? Cut each other some slack.

by Yvette van Niekerk


So none of us is perfect, and it's going to happen. One of us will disappoint each other. Life is like that, no way we can get around it. How do we deal with people who disappoint us? 

Galatians 6: 1 AMP Bear One Another's Burdens "Brothers if anyone is caught in any sin, you who are spiritual [that is, you who are responsive to the guidance of the Spirit] are to restore such a person in a spirit of gentleness [not with a sense of superiority or self-righteousness], keeping  a watchful eye on yourself, so that you are not tempted as well." 

I struggle with being kind, and my first reaction is being judgemental, I can't help myself. So from my point of view, I need to take 10 minutes to digest what happened. I'm not perfect and struggle with compassion in general.

 I know I'm supposed to be gentle and understanding, but my goodness it's a challenge. I also know what the Bible says around being gentle and acting with respect. My learning is in progress. I remember being harsh or rude doesn't make any progress; instead, it breaks every opportunity down.

 

So I've seen this "Right + Rude = Wrong" Remember this.

 

So even if I am right, I must be careful not to be rude, I tend to be abusive because I'm hurt. Can you believe it?

 So something to take to heart, Proverbs 15 verse 4 says, "Gentle words are a tree of life; a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit." 

Well, marriages are complicated. We are both going through stuff, I pray that the Lord give all of us wisdom and understanding. But most of all compassion and a gentle heart. 

Prayer

Lord God, help me with my quick temper and harsh words, I know I jump to conclusions before I even hear what happened. Forgive me for being impatient and always wanting to be right. I am not perfect and I confess my quick temper and stubbornness. Please forgive me, in Jesus Christ name, Amen 

Yvette van Niekerk

Follow me: Kellan Publishing; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon
God’s Orchid  Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...