Tuesday 14 July 2020

Anger Management

by Yvette van Niekerk


I think anger affects our lives, regardless of origin. When I’m angry I feel upset and under a lot of pressure. I’m not one to keep my anger locked up and pretend nothing is wrong, I explode there and then. My husband, on the other hand, suppresses his anger, I fear he might even have a stroke or heart tack.


Ecclesiastes 7: 9 MSG “Don’t be quick to fly off the handle. Anger boomerangs. You can spot a fool by the lumps on his head.”


I know it is important to look for a positive way in dealing with my anger and I really try but sometime I just can’t manage it. I submit my feeling to God and try and not take it back because it’s not under control right away. Taking responsibility for my anger is a way I feel I am managing my anger. I cry in the shower when very angry to relieve myself of the pain I feel at that time. I try to process my feeling and get closure but not always successful. 


Angry people are destructive and can hurt themselves and others in the process.


Prayer Father please help me to be more positive and stop my angry outburst, I know You know my heart and see my frustration. I pray to ask to take this fear away from me and heal me in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Follow me: Kellan PublishingFacebookTwitterLinkedInInstagramPinterestStumble UponGod’s Orchid  Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...