Thursday 23 July 2020

Only God's plans work out for us.

by Yvette van Niekerk


A long time ago, Augustine wrote: "You made us for Yourself, and our hearts are restless until it rests in You."

I believe we all are longing to know God intimately, our deepest desire, is to learn more about our God. Many times, I don't understand, the longing inside of me, my simple feeling of dissatisfaction with my life, the unfulfilled expectations, feelings of dejection, and many time I feel isolated. Directing me, to my main focus, I am hungry for God's Word. When we develop our relationship with God; and realize more about His holy character, which illuminates my mind, heart and soul.

Ezekiel 25: 6-7 MSG "God, the Master, says, Because you clapped and cheered, venting all your malicious contempt against the land Israel, I'll step in and, hand you out as loot - first come, first served. I'll cross you off the roster of nations. There'll be nothing left of you. And you'll realize that I am God."

It's clear, whatever I attained by my own will, and desires turned into to ashes, nothing to show for. Then God takes my hand, and things turn around. I realise, anew that while acquiring, anything outside of God's will, ultimately disappoint me, He fills me with truly satisfying "pleasures forever."

Prayer

Lord God, now you've got my feet on the life path, all radiant from the shining of your face.  Ever since you took my hand, I'm on the right way. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Follow me: Kellan Publishing; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon; God’s Orchid  Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...