Thursday 9 July 2020

Waiting – what's next?

by Yvette van Niekerk


Psalm 37 verse 7 "Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him."

When last have you visited your dr? I was there on Tuesday, many people sitting and waiting for their turn to see the dr. I wonder when looking at them what problems they have. Are they very sick, or are they just not feeling well. Then are there any people that go to the dr on a whim?


Jesus said, "while we are waiting, God is working." My life has been hectic, and I am trying to accommodate everybody these days. There seems to be a lot going on, and tempers are flying off the handle left and right and centre. It frustrates me when people continuously bicker and carry on, not letting the thing go. It's like I all of a sudden have four small children in my home, two adult kids and two babies. The adult kids should be at work, but because of lockdown, they stay home. They are driving me nuts.


My husband is at his wit's end, and I have had it.


Psalm 27 verse 14 "Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart."

I read that God gave the Israelites a new command: "Three times a year all your men are to appear before the Sovereign Lord, the God of Israel. I will drive out nations before you and enlarge your territory, and no one will covet your land when you go up three times each year to appear before the Lord." Exodus 34: 23 – 24. 


God is going to enlarge our territory, not make it smaller. God will drive out nations before me, and you. While I worship God, He will fight for me and have my back. I don't have to worry about competitive people because God is before me. 


Prayer


Abba Father, my heart is broken today, I am crying out to You from the depths of my soul. I am desperate for You today, I need Your guidance, and I need Your help. I am struggling with all kinds of emotion. Abandonment feelings, isolations and much more. I know that Your word teaches "When I wait on You in Worship, You will work on my behalf. Your word also says that "If I wait on You Lord that You shall renew my strength; I will mount up with wings like an eagle, I will run and not be weary, I will walk and not faith." I pray to be patient today with me, and I am calling out to You, in Jesus Name, I pray. Amen


Follow me: Kellan PublishingFacebookTwitterLinkedInInstagramPinterestStumble UponGod's Orchid  Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...