Sunday 5 July 2020

Why am I so exhausted?

by Yvette van Niekerk



Luke 10: 42 "There is only one thing worth being concerned about."


I have been really very busy this past couple of weeks, I have been taking care of two little children, not making time to spend in the LORD’s presence. It struck me this morning that my time has been consumed by these two kids. I love the baby and little boy to bits.


I do spend time at night reading, and then I wake up realizing I fell off to sleep and I don’t know what my devotions and my meditation were all about. Its time I need to do the most important thing first. I know Romans 7 verses 6 says that I am to be led by the prompting of the Spirit. I know I need to rest and take a break and sit down, which I never seem to do, and I suffer for it in the evening when going to bed.


I realize that I am not bored, and I am busy to busy to think straight at times. I know it is most rewarding walking with God, so I have to make a decision, making time to spend with God. Psalm 16 verse 11 reminds me “In Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures always.” I need to sit at the feet of the Lord Jesus, I need to learn how to relax and enjoy being with the Lord Jesus again. 


Prayer 


Abba Father, I want to pray as David prayed: “ The one thing I ask of the Lord – the thing I seek most – is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, delighting in the Lord’s perfections and meditating in his temple.” Please Abba Father, help me to get the one thing You have for me, spending time in Your presence. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen


Follow me: Kellan PublishingFacebookTwitterLinkedInInstagramPinterestStumble UponGod’s Orchid  Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...