Monday 20 July 2020

Is your heart on fire for God? #heartonfire

by Yvette van Niekerk


2 Timothy 1: 5-7 MSG

"That precious memory triggers another: your honest faith - and what a rich faith it is, handed down from your grandmother Lois to your mother Eunice, and now to you! And the special gift of ministry you received when I laid hands on you and prayed - keep that ablaze! God doesn't want us to be shy with his gifts, but bold and loving and sensible."

When I see fire, I am automatically interested and stare at it, the flames licking and flickering up and down. When we have a braai (barbeque) most of us like to gather around the fire and chat, it nice and warm and very inviting. Fire keeps us warm and illuminates our interactions, it is the focal point, that brings us together.

Thinking of fire as a metaphor, it reminds of passion, burning and consuming desire, which is unquenchable. And fire can also be associated with our faith, burning and consuming desire to learn more of Gods word. I pray my heart and yours catches fire. The Holy Spirit coming in blazing and cleansing our hearts, souls and minds. I am asking God for purpose, passion and a promise in my life, the Holy Spirit to move and shake me.

Looking to God to His Kingdom and His coming. I want to have a deep conviction, almost simple assumption. The only way, I can experience the power, in my life through the Holy Spirit, and my ministry will go deeper in practising prayer in my life.

Prayer

Father, I want to come into Your presence with a joyful song of praise. I am asking You to ignite a passion in my spreading the gospel that is underscored by a sense of prophetic immediacy and urgency. I am praying for a powerful but natural merging of evangelism and compassion, of help and of hope and sharing the Word, Your Gospel with the kind assistance of a good friend. In Jesus Christs Name, Amen.

Follow me: Kellan Publishing; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon; God’s Orchid  Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...