Thursday 20 August 2020

Count your worth

 

by Yvette van Niekerk


Jeremiah 31: 3 - 4 "Long ago the Lord said to Israel: 'I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love, I have drawn you to myself. I will rebuild you, my virgin Israel. You will again be happy and dance merrily with your tambourines.'

I used to work in the corporate world and I love every minute of it. Something went wrong I beat myself up black and blue and even spoke to the person I thought could help. The mistake was made I cannot fix it, I started something new. In doing this I have been really repetitive and acted accordingly, my life isn't a bed of roses and people do keep me on my toes.

My company isn't big, it consists of me, my oven and all my gadgets. I bake the cake for a living and I take care of two little children. It's a full-time job, the cakes take up a lot of my time and the two small kids too. I believe God is rebuilding me from scratch, its hard and I am struggling. When God corrects me when He deems it fit, I suffer. I still believe God's corrections isn't rejection its proof He loves me. Hebrews 12 verse 6 reminds me of His love.

So how do I move away from the feelings I have around being rejected and being frowned upon? I realised that I am not a people pleaser and I am working very hard, God knows me and is on my side. I don't have to go around bragging about my cakes, I don't even advertise them, it's all word of mouth. I am happy I can perceive that my merchandise is of good quality. People pay good money to eat the cakes I bake. I am not bragging but I feel I am a Proverbs 31 verse 31 woman, I don't give up and I am working hard each day.

Prayer

Lord thank you, for today, thank You for looking after me, thank you, for the gifts and favour You place on my life, I am grateful for open doors, great opportunities and blessing out of Your hands. In Jesus Christ name, amen.

Follow me: Kellan Publishing; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon; God’s Orchid  Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...