Friday 14 August 2020

Emotionally, I'm exhausted

 

by Yvette van Niekerk


Matthew 26: 41 "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."

I only realized that when I am exhausted, I start fighting, I really pick fights and am very angry. I just couldn't put this verse into perspective until I realised that when I feel exhausted to the point of becoming angry, I fall into the temptation of starting quarrels and picking fights. When I start focusing on my own strength, and not turn my focus and prayers to the Lord, I fall into the trap of doing more and more, taking on more responsibilities and then I become overwhelmed. The Lord Jesus knows that without the indwelling Holy Spirit in my life and yours, we are only flesh and cannot avoid the temptation of any kind. Without the Lord Jesus and the Holy Spirit, I will never be exempted from temptation, but I really don't have to allow it in my life. It's clear the devil really wants to control my life and sometimes without thinking I give him a foothold in my life. I get so busy with everything else I forget that the most important person in my life is the Lord Jesus, but I keep going hard at what I am doing. Not taking the breaks and resting and not deligating as I should. I slip up and fall hard to the ground.

I need God's Manifold grace 1 Peter 4 verse 10 in my life.

Prayer

O Lord Jesus, help me to remember to watch and pray, and always keep alter and keep praying, I am so exhausted, I feel like the woman at the well when you sat down and had a chat with her. Please come and refresh me today, may I pray for Your supernatural favour and blessings in my life in your beautiful holy name, Jesus Christ, amen.

"Follow me: Kellan Publishing; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon; God’s Orchid  Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...