Friday 14 August 2020

Lord, help me start seeing things differently.

by Yvette van Niekerk


Proverbs 23 verse 7 "As he thinketh in his heart, so is he."

I realised something last night, the devil is sly and constantly bombarding my mind with negative thoughts. Yet, I was focusing on the verse above, Yvette as you think in your heart, so are you. That was what I was focusing on so that I did not listen to the babbling of the devil in my ears. I was distraught for a while, I couldn't change my thinking immediately. I had to remind myself a couple of time as I think so I am. I have come to realise that I am struggling with negative thinking.  So what should I do? Well, I know the minute I start focusing my attention on the Lord, my feelings change and I feel better. I know studying Philippians 4 verse 8 that I should be focusing my attention on "whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable ... if anything is excellent or praiseworthy ... think about such things."

How do I deal with destructive thinking? Last night I decided to shoo them away, like when on a picnic and there are flies hanging around my basket. I made the decision and I can tell you it worked.

Trusting God in my future; because I knew Him in my past. Shakespeare said, "Let never day nor night unhallow'd pass, but still remember what the Lord hath done." I really don't have more problems than you, thinking too often about them makes them seem more than yours.

I realised that I allowed myself to feel hurt and this resulted in me being angry. I really have to deal with my anger issues, I am still struggling to come to grips with it. I need to root it out of my heart and mind, letting Jesus Christ in and solving my way of thinking.

I heard my daughter says if I want to experience a feeling, I must first entertain the thought that produces it. So if I feel sad, I am entertaining sad thoughts. I think this is life-changing information, don't you?

Prayer

Lord as King David prayed, please don't let me lose heart, I believed that I would see the goodness of You Lord in the land of the living. I am waiting on You Lord, I am of good courage and You Lord will strengthen my heart today. Amen.

 

"Follow me: Kellan Publishing; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon; God’s Orchid  Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...