Thursday 1 September 2016

Heart in the right place




Jeremiah 38:12-13 International Standard Version (ISV)

12 Ebed-melech the Ethiopian told Jeremiah, “Put the worn out rags and clothes under your armpits under the ropes,” and Jeremiah did as he said13 They pulled Jeremiah with the ropes and brought him up from the cistern, but Jeremiah remained in the courtyard of the guard.

Jeremiah is standing in the mud and had to just wait and see what was going to happen.
He left the king’s house and went to see the king whom was sitting in the Benjamin Gate.  Ebed-melech approached the king saying ‘My lord the king, these men have done evil in all that they did to Jeremiah the prophet by casting him into the cistern, and he will die there of hunger, for there is no bread left in the city.’ 

The king instructs Ebed-melech to take thirty men and free Jeremiah from the cistern.  Before Ebed-melech went to rescue Jeremiah he first went home to collect worn out rags and clothes.  On reaching Jeremiah he said to Jeremiah ‘Put the rags and clothes between your armpits and the ropes.’  After which they lifted Jeremiah out of the pit.

The eunuch showed his heart was in the right place by thinking of Jeremiahs comfort.


Prayer

Lord help me to act in a unselfish way towards people in need, not being concerned of my own comfort or station in life at the time.  Let my heart be in the right place and help unconditionally as You do for us each day.  In Jesus Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...