Thursday 26 September 2019

#Thursday_What_is_prayer?


The definition of prayer is "A devout petition to God or an object of worship.  Spiritual communion with God or an object of worship. The act or practice of praying to God or an object of worship."

To me prayer is communicating with the Lord my God, I would sit down, stand or even walk and talk to God. I was thinking about it the other day, when you speak to me or my children you don't say things like "Dear Yvette, it's me, Jane, how are you today?" No, you say: "Hi Yvette how are you today?"

I know we have a relationship with the LORD when we are able to speak to Him all day long. Saying Good morning Lord, I am happy this day has started. Please, will You guide me and show me what I should be doing today. You know I am not sure of how to take this person on, they seem to take offense all the time. I wonder what my life would look like in a couple of years from now. Lord, thank you also for my home and the kids and my husband. Thank you, also for looking out for us, the protection we have from You is so appreciated.

To me that is prayer, this is my way of getting to know God, I read the Word (The Bible) and I use the Bible to communicate with the Lord.  I know God speaks truths in my spirit through His Word.  I believe praising God is essential and saying thank you too.

Reading Psalm 55 verse 1 to 3 from the Message "Open your ears, God, to my prayer; don't pretend you don't hear me knocking. Come close and whisper your answer. I really need you. I shudder at the mean voices, quail before the evil eye, as they pile on the guilt, stockpile angry slander."

Psalm 130 verses 1 - 2 from the Message "Help, GOD - the bottom has fallen out of my life! Master, hear my cry for help! Listen hard! Open your ears! Listen to my cries for mercy."

Romans 12 verses 11 - 13 the Message "Don't burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don't quit in hard times; pray all the harder. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality."

Lord, You know my heart and mind. This morning I want to dedicate each and every person reading my blog. Lord, we all need to have a personal relationship with You. Our lives are nothing without You. Lord as I face today, I want to dedicate my Husband and family and all my friends into Your hands. I plead the blood of Jesus Christ over each one of us. I am calling out to You, please Lord, open your ears, God to my Prayer, don't pretend you don't hear me knocking. Come close and whisper your answer. I really need YOU. I shudder at the mean voices, quail before the evil eye, as they pile on the guilt, stockpile angry slander." Lord, please help me, You know I can't do this on my own. Thank You, for Your mercy new every day. Thank You that I can call out to You. In humble prayer. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...