Monday 8 June 2020

56 not Old.

by Yvette van Niekerk

 

Agreed the first half of this year 2020 has been hectic, I believe we all have been through enough. COVID 19 has changed history. 

 

I have been going through a lot this past couple of weeks, I have been struggling with my identity and thinking that I must be ancient. My hair is greying, and I cannot control it, it's going at such a rate I wonder I should be grey by the end of this year if I do not find a hairdresser.

 

Mark 12:29-31 (ESV)

29 Jesus answered, "The most important is, 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' 31 The second is this: 'You shall love your neighbour as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."

 

This past couple of years have been engaging on my side, accepting myself for who I am isn't as easy as it sounds. What I lost sight of is that everybody ages no matter what, and life is a circle. I need to accept that I am aging and I do want to age gracefully not becoming an old age. It struck me the "root" of my problem these days is fighting my age. I can't believe how fast time flies and I still think I am young, but I've aged. I am embracing my age, 56 isn't that old, I am still young and healthy, and I can do many things.

 

I want to bear good fruits as the Bible says, if I keep on complaining, it might turn out to be rotten fruit, which isn't my plan. Something I want to get rid of in my garden is rejection, lack of love and acceptance. I want my relationships to prosper and "good fruit" to come forward. I am examining my heart and life, and I want to be kind, loving and a genuinely lovely person. 

 

Prayer

 

Lord God, Father You know me as You have called me by my name. I belong to You. Lord, please remove the root of bitterness, selfishness, rejection and a lack of love and acceptance from my life and heart. Please forgive me if I have been selfish and acted selfishly. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

 

Yvette van Niekerk

Follow me: Kellan Publishing; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon
God’s Orchid  Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...