Skip to main content

Do you spend enough time with God each day?

by Yvette van Niekerk


According to the Apostle Paul "let God transform you" or "be transformed." The secret in Pauls prayer is to allow God's Holy Spirit to renew our minds. The only way we can change is through meditation and focusing on God and spending precious time in the presence of our Lord and Savior.  Paul is saying that if I am willing to spend time with God and striving to behave like the Lord Jesus, the Holy Spirit will renew my mind, and my thinking will change. When I seek God, my outcome changes, I will be blessed.

How can I renew my mind, and what will happen?

Thinking about where I spend my time, am I honestly spending quality time in God's Word? To be honest no, I believe I have fallen in this regard. I have been filling my days with non-important things.

The sad part is I listen to the Word of God and get distracted, and I am trying to stay focused, but I am not fully involved. What is wrong with me? I have decided that I should stop everything that takes away my time and focus on the Word firstly. Getaway from everything and turn back to God.

I do have too many ups and downs, and I fear I am becoming more involved in the World. I want to know the will of God for me but to find it out I have to renew my mind to hear His voice.

I realize through prayer and focus on God, and my spiritual gifts will come to light and grow in ways that are perfect and pleasing to God. He is transforming my mind and heart, and He has given me spiritual gifts.

Meditate on Romans 12 verse 1 to 2 MSG "So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life - your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life - and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you."

Prayer

Father God, I confess that I have become so busy with all kinds of things, distracted and not spending enough time with You. Please, Father, forgive me, I want to draw closer to You, in Jesus Christ's name, Amen.

Follow me: Kellan Publishing; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon
God’s Orchid  Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#never #destroyed

https://goo.gl/xK6bTg 2 Corinthians 4: 8-9AMP “We are pressured in every way [hedged in], but not crushed; perplexed [unsure of finding a way out], but not driven to despair; hunted down and persecuted, but not deserted [to stand alone]; struck down, but never destroyed;” I realized that my emotions are something that can cause me to feel pressure and hedged in. My circumstances seem impossible and I feel that there is no way I am going to make it. Then it’s time to check what is going on in your personal life.  Are you getting enough sleep? Are you eating properly? Do you take a break from time to time? If I don’t get enough sleep it seems despair is knocking at my door, and I feel miserable. I just cannot move forward, I want to curl up and died. Just because I am tired and there seems to be no way out. Emotions have a way of controlling each one of us. I realized that I will never be destroyed because there is a way forward.  God gave me common sense an...

You are a Blessing to me!

Working in a multiracial office is always interesting, and my story today is one about sharing and looking out for each other.    Our cleaning lady doesn’t earn much and I doubt even if they are paying her ‘mini mum wages’.   Nevertheless the people in our office know this and worry about her.    One of the young ladies decided to give her a newspaper with all the latest add in it.   As she paged through the paper she sat next to her and asked her ‘what do you like’.    Looking at the stuff on the page she pick out a couple of things that seemed impossible to own and said to this young girl.   I like this and I would love to have one of these. Without her knowledge the Human Resource division made a collection and they then assigned the task to the young lady to buy the things Judy wanted. We gave her, her gifts today.   I was amazed at her gratefulness, tears of joy running down her face and all she could say was “T...

The View from the Sycamore Tree

"Ill-gotten treasures have no lasting value, but righteousness delivers from death. The Lord does not let the righteous go hungry, but he thwarts the craving of the wicked. Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth." Proverbs 10:2–10 Reflection The Turning Point: I used to think that by this stage of my life. The path was already set in stone. I looked at the mirror and saw the silver hair and the lines of age. I felt as though I was simply watching the clock run out on my dreams. I’ve spent years in the "midlife crisis." Wrestling with the ghosts of regrets, careers that didn't flourish, relationships that felt the strain of time. The nagging fear of being "less than" in a world that prises youth and worldly success. But then I saw Zacchaeus. He was a man who had spent his life traveling in the wrong direction. Chasing "ill-gotten treasures" that left his soul hungry. When he climbed that tree, he wasn't just trying t...