Tuesday 23 June 2020

Do you need strength to face today?

by Yvette van Niekerk


I read D.L. Moody said, "When a man has no strength if he leans on God, he becomes powerful."

The Lord is trustworthy, and when we are facing insurmountable issues and problems, we should not turn to men, but lean on God, He is powerful. What does it mean to trust in God? He has a position of security, and we can trust Him because He reveals Himself as reliable. If you will take a moment with me and read Psalm 91 out loud, you will see the Lord God is a symbol of protection from attack. The best description I can give you is of an old Castle with the walls that surround it, people living behind these fortified walls of protection. It would have to be a smart and robust army that penetrates these sturdy walls, how we should view God, His robust, sturdy and will put His arms around us His children. Putting our trust in the Lord is the way we should go. He has never failed us, why now?

Psalm 91 MSG

"You who sit down in the High God's presence, spend the night in Shaddai's shadow, Say this: "God, you're my refuge.  I trust in you, and I'm safe!"

That's right - he rescues you from hidden traps, shields you from deadly hazards. His massive outstretched arms protect you - under them, you're perfectly safe; his arms fend off all harm. Fear nothing - not wild wolves in the night, not flying arrows in the day. Not disease that prowls through the darkness, not disaster that erupts at high noon. Even though others succumb all around, drop like flies right and left, no harm will also graze you. You'll stand untouched, watch it all from a distance, watch the wicked turn into corpses. Yes, because God's your refuge, the High God your very own home, evil can't get close to you, harm can't get through the door. He ordered his angels to guard you wherever you go. If you stumble, they'll catch you; their job is to keep you from falling. You'll walk unharmed among lions and snakes, and kick young lions and serpents from the path."

Prayer

High God, please Abba Father, help me today, I cannot get through this day without your hand over my life, I run to You Lord, You are my strong tower. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

 

Follow me: Kellan Publishing; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon
God’s Orchid  Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...