Monday 22 June 2020

Bend so I won't break

by Yvette van Niekerk 


The past couple of years have taught me an invaluable lesson, to be a little more flexible. I am working hard at not being so right. In the Bible, Romans 12: 16, 18, I saw it says 'readily adjust yourself to (people, things). And, if possible, as far as it dependents on you, live at peace with everyone.

I know I am in the process of letting go of my own self-importance, and I am learning to become obedient to God's Word. I am struggling with an attitude of having things go my way, and adaptation is not so easy when I don't want to be submitting to the Word of God.

Now I realized I am learning to bend, and I am becoming more obedient. I'm not as upset and miserable these days.

Key to a well-balanced relationship is being flexible and consideration for your spouse. Pushing for my own way brings discord and resentment into my relationship. I am praying that the Holy Spirit will guide me going forward.

Prayer

Dear Father God, please help me to bend and be flexible in my relationship with You and my family, especially with my husband. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen. Follow me: Kellan Publishing; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon
God’s Orchid  Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...