Thursday 18 June 2020

How can I get along with other better today?

by Yvette van Niekerk


Good morning, let's find a peaceful place and quiet our spirits before the Lord.

Ephesians 4 verse 2 MSG "In light of all this, here's what I want you to do. While I'm locked up here, a prisoner for the Master, I want you to get out there and walk - better yet, run! - on the road, God called you to travel. I don't want any of your sitting around on your hands. I don't want anyone strolling off, down some path that goes nowhere. And mark that you do this with humility and discipline - not in fits and starts, but steadily, pouring yourselves out for each other in acts of love, alert at noticing differences and quick at mending fences."

It struck me that I am very stubborn, and I am not making allowances for people. I want things done in a specific way at my pace, not theirs. It causes so much trouble there cannot be peace with the people around me when I'm in a no negotiation phase. I am not learning to put love before others and not see them through my own eyes. Look, I have to say sorry. I'm working hard at changes my attitude.

Here's thought, what can I do to better get along with my family? I could listen to them.

Prayer Lord, God, please teach me to get along with others in love and humility. Please guide and teach me to be loving and compassionate. Help me to practices forgiveness, let me be a living testimony of Your grace today in my life.  Amen

Follow me: Kellan Publishing; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon
God’s Orchid  Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...