Friday 26 June 2020

Cancel your pity party!

by Yvette van Niekerk


We read in the Message 1 Peter 4 verses 12 to 13 "Glory Just Around the Corner.   Friends, when life gets really difficult, don't jump to the conclusion that God isn't on the job. Instead, be glad that you are in the very thick of what Christ experienced. This is a spiritual refining process, with glory just around the corner."

Honestly, it has been a tough week for me, my emotions have been up and down, and I was going through stuff. I wonder how you cope when life puts the squeeze on you? We know that there are testing times, and it is a regular thing. We need testing and trials in our lives to keep us real, to help us grow, and our spiritual lives need to build. The apostle Paul said "Every detail works to your advantage and God's glory: more and more grace, more and more people, more and more praise! So we're not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without his unfolding grace." 2 Corinthians 4: 15 - 17 MSG.

I never truly understand how people go through life, looking magnificent, and it seems they don't have a care in the world. Then I realized they are hiding their feelings, and you cannot see their pain, they wear masks and are protecting the hurt and pain within. None of us can see inside each other, and it looks perfect on the outside. If we knew what blessings God has stored for each of us, we would press on, look up and stay focused. Let us not give up and sit in our pity party and start turning our attention to the one who can change our destiny. God the Father, our Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

Prayer

Heavenly Father thank You, for giving us the strength to hold on, the courage to face new challenges and hope for tomorrow. We love and adore You, Lord, with all of our hearts, soul and mind. in the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen

Follow me: Kellan Publishing; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon
God’s Orchid  Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...