Skip to main content

The Heritage of the Heart

“Memorize His laws and tell them to your children over and over.” Deuteronomy 6:6-7 (CEV) Reflection The world outside our doors often feels like a rising tide, heavy and relentless, pressing against the glass of our homes with a weight that threatens to shatter our peace. It is a wearying battle to raise children where virtue is treated as a relic and shadows are called light. Yet, we must remember: the darkness has never been a match for the Dawn. With the Father’s hand guiding yours, you can lead your little one’s home. Faith is not caught in a single moment of lightning; it is cultivated in the quiet, steady rhythm of a life lived for Him. Consider these five ways to plant the seeds of eternity: • Speak the Language of Heaven: Start while their hearts are soft and new. Let the last sound they hear before sleep be the cadence of your voice reading of His wonders, and the gentle murmur of your prayers, thanking the Savior for the grace that covered your own sins. • Unveil the Mysteries: As you walk through the doors of the church, don’t let the rituals be mere routine. Explain the water of Baptism and the bread of the Supper as love letters from a King to His people. Show them the beauty behind the tradition. • Listen with Your Soul: When they come to you with the "whys" of the spirit, pause. No question is too small. Meet them where they are with the patience of a Shepherd. • Guard Their Gazes: In an age of noise, choose stories, through books or screens, that whisper truth to their imaginations and build fortresses in their minds. • Wait for the Wind: Trust the Holy Spirit to move in His perfect timing. Like a farmer waiting for the rain, pray without ceasing and be ready to share the Gospel when the soil of their heart is ready to bloom. The great D.L. Moody once spoke of "two and a half conversions" at a meeting. When questioned if he meant two adults and a child, he shook his head with a knowing smile. "No," he said, "two children and one adult. The children have a whole life to give to God; the adult has only half a life left." Let us give Him the whole life. Let the truth echo in your hallways until it becomes the very air they breathe. Apply Today Surrender your anxieties to the Holy Spirit. Ask for the wisdom to see the "open door" moments today, and hold your children, and their futures, up to the light of His grace. A Prayer Dear Father, my Lord and my Strength, let Your Word be a fire shut up in my bones that I cannot stay. Remind me of Your promises so that I might whisper them to my grandchildren. Though our time together is a fleeting gift, let every moment be seasoned with Your grace. Use my voice to tell of Your love, so that even when I am gone, the echo of Your Truth remains in their hearts. In the beautiful name of Jesus, Amen. Today’s Fragrance Unless you know the Savior personally, the world is a cold and hollow place. But the Resurrection changed everything. Without it, we face only the silence of the earth; with it, we possess the keys to the Kingdom. Do not wait. Turn toward His light today and find the hope that outlives the stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#never #destroyed

https://goo.gl/xK6bTg 2 Corinthians 4: 8-9AMP “We are pressured in every way [hedged in], but not crushed; perplexed [unsure of finding a way out], but not driven to despair; hunted down and persecuted, but not deserted [to stand alone]; struck down, but never destroyed;” I realized that my emotions are something that can cause me to feel pressure and hedged in. My circumstances seem impossible and I feel that there is no way I am going to make it. Then it’s time to check what is going on in your personal life.  Are you getting enough sleep? Are you eating properly? Do you take a break from time to time? If I don’t get enough sleep it seems despair is knocking at my door, and I feel miserable. I just cannot move forward, I want to curl up and died. Just because I am tired and there seems to be no way out. Emotions have a way of controlling each one of us. I realized that I will never be destroyed because there is a way forward.  God gave me common sense an...

You are a Blessing to me!

Working in a multiracial office is always interesting, and my story today is one about sharing and looking out for each other.    Our cleaning lady doesn’t earn much and I doubt even if they are paying her ‘mini mum wages’.   Nevertheless the people in our office know this and worry about her.    One of the young ladies decided to give her a newspaper with all the latest add in it.   As she paged through the paper she sat next to her and asked her ‘what do you like’.    Looking at the stuff on the page she pick out a couple of things that seemed impossible to own and said to this young girl.   I like this and I would love to have one of these. Without her knowledge the Human Resource division made a collection and they then assigned the task to the young lady to buy the things Judy wanted. We gave her, her gifts today.   I was amazed at her gratefulness, tears of joy running down her face and all she could say was “T...

Help Me Stay True in Giving God His Tithe

Can I be real with you for a minute? Tithing is something I wrestle with. I try my best to be faithful, giving to the best of my ability. But let's be honest, sometimes I look around and see others who seem to be blessed in ways I'm not. They have this financial ease, this "caliber" of blessing, that can feel a world away from my own reality. And in those moments of doubt, a quiet, gentle voice reminds me: I am blessed. God does provide. He has come through for me more times than I can count, often in ways I didn't even see until later. He's always there, picking me up when I've lost it and guiding me when I'm blind to the path. My heart is so grateful for that. But my thinking still needs work. My human nature kicks in and whispers, "I earned this. I worked for this salary." It’s a constant battle to get my heart aligned with the truth. And the truth is found in verses like this: “A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the ...