Tuesday 12 June 2012

Pat’s Lemon Pudding


Pat’s Lemon Pudding
Pat's Lemon Pudding

This is one of my mum’s favourite hot puddings she used to make for us as children.  Hmm, so lekker!

Ingredients:
for approximately 4 people
125g      sugar
  50g      margarine
  15ml    (1 tblsp) boiling water
  50g      self-raising flower
    1         large lemon (squeeze the lemon juice and grate the rind)
    2         eggs, separated
225ml    milk

Method:
Cream together the sugar and margarine, adding the boiling water to make the mixture workable.  Stir in the flower, lemon juice and rind.
Whisk the egg yolks in the milk and add to the creamed mixture, a little at a time.  Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold them into the mixture.
Pour the pudding into a butted 20cm dish and stand it in a roasting pan with warm water.  Bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes.

Serving suggestions:
Server hot on its own or with ice-cream, or with custard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...